Back end Developer (Mid or Senior)
World leading digital & content agency who work with global brands within consumer, sport, automotive and tons more….
They are seeking someone to join a dedicated digital team. The new recruit will bring an inquisitive mindset for how things are put together, bags of energy and enthusiasm for their craft. A collaborative work ethic will see you fit in with the existing team to deliver some exciting builds lined up for 2019. Developing alongside our Senior Front-End Developer, and supported by Junior Front End Developer, you will be responsible for delivering, maintaining and extending upon large-scale, high-quality development projects that provide a meaningful digital experience aimed towards real business results for our clients. As a valued member of the digital team, you will play an active role in shaping their development processes, tools, techniques and the frameworks that they choose to adopt. You will be responsible for the project and sprint estimations for the work you are delivering, you will take ownership of the deadlines created on the back of those estimates and you will support your colleagues to see sprints and projects delivered on time and on budget.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience building complex and custom PHP web applications in a professional Midweight or Senior Back End Developer role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with the Laravel PHP framework
- Expert working knowledge of PHP v5 & v7 and OO PHP development
- Expert working knowledge of SQL and experience of architecting databases for performant querying of large, relational datasets
- Strong experience handling third party APIs of varying quality and languages
- Strong experience of adhering to your teams agreed continuous integration / version control principles (Git / BitBucket / Pipelines)
- Experience of working with Front End Developers to devise APIs that underpin the end user experience (defined by user stories and/or UI designs) using the most efficient and performant series of calls and queries
- Experience of working with an AWS infrastructure including Load Balancers, EC2, S3, CodeDeploy, CloudWatch, auto-scaling rules, etc (we are supported by a third-party team of AWS Qualified Engineers)
Nice to have
- Light touch experience or prototype exploration into non-relational / NoSQL databases to understand their principles - e.g. MongoDb, CouchDb,