Data Analyst (eCommerce)
My client is a specialist online lifestyle experience company embarking on an exciting global expansion to create their own unique lifestyle travel experiences. They now require an ambitious and capable insights analyst to join their marketing team based in London. You will drive understanding throughout the business on who their customers are, how they interact with them and continuously analyse their marketing performance enabling improved forecasting, conversions and sales value through the creation of a defined customer segmentation understanding and testing programmes.
What will you be doing?
You will lead analysis and insight within the marketing team, ensuring insight is at the heart of all marketing activity.
- Drive the collection and analysis of data from multiple sources for all customer and site interaction data.
- Own creation and continuous refinement of consumer segmentation model.
- Build out tests and testing plans (AB, MVT , heatmapping and AI learning) for the main site and all supporting marketing channels to ensure constant, iterative improvements to all marketing activity.
- Own and manage internal and external data agencies.
- Conducting data analysis on traffic sources and patterns, order volume, conversion funnel, navigation behaviour, and product selection, identifying successes, trends, opportunities, and potential problem areas.
- Work with partner agencies to identify actionable insights and opportunities to improve marketing activity, content and conversion.
- Determine best practices for measurement and industry benchmarks.
- Supporting Head of Marketing to create the businesses first forecast model for sales per event.
- Audit the current tools that are in place (internally and through the agency) to analyse customer data, sales data, website performance data, and email/CRM data.
What skills do you need?
- Degree educated in relevant subject - computer science, data analytics, business, or statistics.
- Minimum two years’ experience working in an analyst role within a customer-focused eCommerce environment.
- A proven track record of using data from multiple sources into insights to optimise marketing activity.
- First class knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, Social and customer analytical tools.
- High level of numeracy with an excellent understanding of statistics.
- Ability to look at data from multiple angles, find trends and highlight problems and opportunities.
- Experience of working in agile, high-pressure environments with multiple touchpoints.
If this sounds like the role for you then please contact Andrew Stoves at email@example.com