My client is currently recruiting for a freelance e-commerce manager to join their growing marketing function. A leading specialist travel/lifestyle business, you will report into the Head of Marketing. As the e-commerce manager you will be responsible for developing, implementing, tracking and optimising their e-commerce strategy. You will be focused on their online distribution and how customers interact with them.
What will you be doing?
- Own the overall e-commerce function and work with external partners and internal stakeholders to deliver the optimum user experience, including purchase journey and conversion.
- Accountable for the technical and commercial success of the site, through project delivery and excellent planning skills, taking the lead in bringing innovative new solutions to the table.
- Website merchandising: Planning and implementation of new products, promotions and seasonal messaging.
- Managing and developing a direct report (Digital & Web Content Executive)
- Collaboration with internal stakeholders to achieve commercial objectives and KPIs.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to lead the evolution of the e-commerce function.
- Coordinate the relationship between departments, understanding their requirements and turning those into a coherent ongoing strategy.
- Manage the agency responsible for the site. This includes large development work, bug fixes, support and maintenance.
- Harness the power of SEO, heat mapping, analytics and search to drive maximum, relevant traffic to the website.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of the ESP and CRM integration through
What skills do you need?
- Strong commercial acumen with at least four years’ experience, including previous experience as an e-commerce Manager.
- Detailed understanding of e-commerce, with hands-on experience of customer journeys, online marketing, website analytics, CRO and technology selection.
- Experience of managing agencies and third parties to achieve targets.
- Experience driving large e-commerce projects from business case to delivery.
- Use and knowledge of e-commerce content management systems.
If this role is of interest please contact Andrew Stoves at firstname.lastname@example.org